Nucar Tire Maintenance and Protection Plan
Put a Nucar Tire Maintenance and Protection Plan between you and the unexpected.
“Your tires are the only thing between you and the road. Unfortunately, the road has potholes and debris that you cannot always avoid. But now you can avoid the expense of tire repair or replacement with the Nucar Tire Maintenance And Protection Plan.”
Why do I need added protection?
Manufacturers do not cover damage to a tire due to road conditions. This protection picks up where the manufacturer’s limited warranty leaves off. It covers road hazard damage such as potholes, nails, glass, jagged metals, or road debris.
What’s included in the program?
Tire repairs are free for the first 2 years.
How is replacement determined?
- Covers all passenger and light truck tires purchased from us (excluding run flats)
- Year one 100% replacement on non-repairable tires
- Year two 50% replacement on non-repairable tires
- Does not include vandalism, nail holes that can be repaired or any other unnatural or abusive destruction
- Copy of customer’s original invoice required
- Customer responsible for installation, balance, tire disposal and valve stem (TPMS)
How do I prevent premature tire wear?
Tire maintenance can help reduce premature wear. Checking your air pressure every two weeks and setting the proper air pressure will also ensure proper life of the tire.
What damage is not covered on this program?
Theft, vandalism, accidents, abuse, improper maintenance, misalignment, sidewall abrasions, and cosmetic appearance of the tires. Any tires installed on racing vehicles, off-road vehicles, or vehicles with commercial plates are excluded in full from the program. The use of aerosol or liquid inflation products on any tire will void this program.
What is a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), and how do I know if I have it?
TPMS automatically monitors the air pressure in each of your vehicle’s four tires. There are two types of systems, direct and indirect. The direct system, which used the official TPMS symbol, sends a wireless signal to a receiver mounted in your vehicle, activating a dashboard warning light when the correct air pressure falls below 25% of the correct setting. The indirect system, which uses a top-view graphic image of a car indicates which tires are low, measures variations in speed and rotation between each individual wheel. This is often an indication of under inflation. When a significant variation is detected, the vehicle’s on-board computer is signaled and the driver is alerted. If necessary, there may be a fee to repair your TPMS.
What are my obligations?
Proper tire care is necessary to obtain maximum mileage and wear from a tire. It is your obligation to see that your tire/wheel assemblies are kept in balance, and that your tire are operated at proper inflation pressures. When the tires are cool, check the pressure of each of your tires, including your spare, at least every 2 weeks.
- Rotate tires every 4,000 to 6,000 miles or at any sign of uneven wear.
- Check your air pressure every two weeks & set pressures to auto manufacturer’s specifications.
- Have your alignment and suspension checked every twelve months or 12,000 miles.
- Have your tires visually inspected bimonthly for cuts snags and nails.
- Rebalance every twelve months/12,000 miles.
Nucar Tire Maintenance & Protection Plan, effective on all new tire purchases starting 3/18/16.